I know what it’s like to want a professional and personalized blog before it’s economically feasible to pay for an entire blog design. I offer the following affordable blog design and social media services to make you fall in love with your blog and get you started in the social media world while saving up for the big makeover.
One time set-up services:
- WordPress basic blog set-up (includes account setup, default theme, blog button, and basic header) – $150
- 60 minutes of Blogging 101 (how to post, add photos, add plugins or widgets, SEO, editorial calendars, building your blog numbers) – $60
- Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn account set up – $25
Blogger to WordPress Migration:
Please note: I am not a web designer, and don’t know html code. I have migrated many blogs from Blogger to WordPress while helping friends, and am familiar with the process. Since I have so many requests for transfers, I have added it to my list of services.
There are several considerations to be made when pricing a Blogger to WordPress migration. I understand that these transfers are expensive, and am hoping that breaking it down into steps and giving you instruction about how to do some of the transfer yourself will make this service more affordable for you:
- Hosting account setup and WordPress install: $40 + hosting fees You choose your host and I will do the legwork for you – open a hosting account, assign it a domain name, create a development website and install the WordPress application onto your account.
- Theme installation and customization: $100 I will install a basic WordPress theme and pull your header, background, social media icons and three sidebar widgets over to your WordPress blog.
- Migrate Blogger content to WordPress blog: $25 Your posts, photos and comments will be moved to your new WordPress blog.
- Domain transfer: $50 Your domain will be redirected to point at your new WordPress site.
- Post-transfer support: $50/hour phone support After your WP site is set up, I will explain how to move sidebar widgets, transfer page contents, install plugins, and post to your blog. If you still have questions, I am happy to provide support at the rate of $50 per hour.
- Migrating your content to WordPress means that we are making a copy – not moving. Your blog will remain on Blogspot. There is no concern that your content will be “lost.”
- Your images will continue to reside on Blogger, so do not delete your blog over there.
- Your post formatting will be lost. You will have to manually adjust the formatting and photo centering on each post.
- You will lose facebook likes on posts
- Pages are not imported – you have to do that manually
- Blogger is wonky – that’s my technical term. Sometimes, all your posts won’t import. Sometimes, your linkys won’t import. We’ll work on it together and get it situated, but nobody can promise a bump-free Blogger to WordPress transfer.
(please see portfolio below)
- Basic header – $40
- Blog button – $20
- Custom background – from $15
- Widget/Plugin set-up – $5 each
- Social Media icons, up to 4 – $25
- Translucent watermark for photos – $15
- Custom one page media kit with matching rate sheet – $60 (see below for example)
Looking for a service that’s not listed? I probably do it, but forgot to stick it in here. Please contact me!
(Click photo to view blog)
Services provided: WordPress transfer, blog header, social media buttons, rotating feature box, magazine theme
Services provided: Blog customization to match business website
Services provided: WordPress transfer, basic header, social media icons
Services provided: Basic header, blog button
Services provided: Wordpress blog set-up, basic header, blog button, custom background, widget set-up, social media icons
Services provided: Wordpress blog set-up, basic header, widget set-up, social media icons
Services provided: WordPress blog set-up, basic header